Mushroom and Peas Risotto
Risotto is well worth the time to make it.
5-6 cups Chicken Broth, divided (may use most or all of broth)
3 Tbls olive oil, divided
1 ½ pounds of mushrooms, I used brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 cup frozen peas
2 shallots, chopped
1 ½ cups of Arborio rice
½ cup white wine
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 Tbls of fresh Parsley
4 Tbls of butter
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat
- Warm 2 Tbls olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid and set aside
- In a skillet add 1 Tbls olive oil and stir in the shallots. Cook about 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with the oil and shallots and continue to cook about 2 minutes until the rice becomes a pale golden color. Add in the wine and stir constantly til the wine is absorbed.
- Add ½ cup of broth to the rice and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding ½ cup of broth at a time, stirring continuously until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms with the liquid, peas, butter, and parmesan cheese til mixed in with the rice. Season with salt, pepper and parsley.