Puff Pastry Strawberry Tart
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 tsp water
¼ cup sugar
4 cups strawberries, washed and sliced into slices
¼ cup strawberry jam
¾ cup white sugar
4 – 5 ounces of mascarpone cheese
¼ tsp pure vanilla
4 ounces whipped cream, fresh or like cool whip can be substituted
Mint leaves for decorating
Powered sugar for decorating
- Preheat oven to 400F
- On a parchment lined baking sheet roll out the puff pastry to a large rectangle
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water
- Use a knife to score a border, about ¾ inch inside from the edge of the puff pastry.
Use a fork to pierce the inside of the tart several times.
- Brush the pastry with the egg wash along the border of the pastry and try not to let the wash run down the side. Sprinkle sugar along the border if desire.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until a light golden brown. Set aside to cool
- While the pastry is baking, in a large bowl, stir together the whipped cream, ½ cup
sugar, vanilla and mascarpone cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the strawberry slices, ¼ cup of sugar and jam
- Once puff pastry is cooled, top with cream mixture and then sliced strawberries.
- Serve with a dusting of powder sugar and mint leaves and/or ice cream
This can be made with your favorite tart crust as well.